Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fairy slipper

The air has a crispness to it now on these Georgia mornings - a hint of the coming fall.

Fall brings so many festivals and fun here.
I am so excited to be attending the Once Upon A Dream art event held in Asheville this fall.
And, I have been busy working on some wondeful swaps for this event.

The fairy slipper swap is one where we were asked to alter a shoe and fill it with artful goodies.
I had some pointe shoes from my daughters old ballet school which seemed like the perfect beginning for a fairy princess slipper.

A hand-coiled, tulle rose with sprinkling of champagne glitter adorns the toe.


I dyed the shoe with a tan wash to give the pink a more earthy feel.
Then, I added bits of crochet and trim.


The inside is lined with vintage flocked wallpaper.



More sprinklings of lucious ribbon and tulle. . .


waitig to be filled with some prairie fairy goodies!

Wishing you a magical fall season ~ xo's ~ Heidi

5 comments:

Barbara Jean said...

it is soooo beautiful!!!

blessings
barbara jean

Grace said...

gorgeous!! I can not wait to see you in person!!! I cannot beleive it is coming soon. Grace xoox

Julie Ann said...

That is soooo sweet!!! Have an awesome time in Asheville!!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Heidi
you shoe is just the most precious thing! what a gorgeous piece. This retreat sounds like oodles of fun and what a gorgeous place to go and have it! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Miss Gracie's House said...

this is so pretty!
Rene